Boolberry is a cryptocurrency based on CryptoNote
technology. Boolberry's major benefit is that it provides much stronger privacy for both the senders and receivers of transactions. It does so by ensuring that receivers are anonymous (the destination of a transaction can only be determined by its real recipient) and transactions cannot be linked to a single sender. Instead, each transaction could have many equally possible senders, and an attacker cannot determine which one it was.
Boolberry improves upon Ordinary CryptoNote technology in several ways. Boolberry offers improved anonymity through unlinkable outputs
. Boolberry reduces the size of the block chain
, the global ledger of all transactions, by pruning the ring-signatures. This provides over a 55% reduction in block chain size. These features are found in no other CryptoNote based cryptocurrency.
A few other exclusive features are an easy-to-use GUI wallet, address aliasing and the ability to send network alerts.
White Paper Released
- Launch Date: 17 May 16:00 GMT
- Algorithm: Wild Keccak (Blockchain-Based PoW hash)
- Block Generation: 2 minutes
- Money Supply: ~18,450,000
- Premine: 0%
- Default P2P Port: 10101
- Default RPC Port: 10102
- Developer Bounty: Up to 1% (Controlled by miner's votes)
The Boolberry Team has released the Wild Keccak white paper
. The document explains the block chain based Proof-of-Work hash function (Wild Keccak) and the ideas used in this implementation.Future Development
GUI Wallet - Add Updates.
Database - Implement a database for blockchain on daemon. Currently, data is stored in memory and saved to the disk every 12 hours. This method will work well for the first year at least.Accomplishments
April 20: This announce
April 23: Transaction Outs
April 26: Alpha testing, first test network launched
April 27: Added Mac OSX support
April 30: Address aliases added.
May 1: Alerts added. Developer signed alerts can be broadcast via p2p mechanism
May 3: UPnP support added.
May 9: Wild Keccak PoW Hash finalized.
May 13: Beta testing. Test network started with Wild Keccak, State page launched: http://boolberry.com/state.html
May 17 16:00 GMT: NETWORK LAUNCHED
May 21: Allowable characters restricted in aliases to avoid spoofing, pfishing, etc. Other updates.
May 23: Updated state page.
May 25: Added Checkpoints. Block peers that violate rules. Other updates.
June 1: API updated to work with exchanges. Added to Bittrex and Poloniex exchanges.
June 5: Pool code released.
June 16: GUI wallet beta release.
July 7: Stratum pool and CPU miner released.
July 17: Released presentation
to explain Boolberry's privacy advantage over all other CryptoNote cryptocurrencies.
July 19: OpenCL GPU miner released by mbk (JSON RPC pool and solo).
August 2: OpenCL GPU miner optimizations released by Wolf0.Boolberry Compared to Bitcoin
In comparison to Bitcoin forks, Boolberry is developed on newer CryptoNote technology, making it of more flexible architecture. The main benefit of CryptoNote technology is anonymity of the sender and recipient along with transaction unlinkability. This provides great protection to user's privacy which is highly important today.
Boolberry Compared to CryptoNote
- Ring Signature based cryptography, which ensures new level of privacy, anonymity and unlinkability
- Separate Wallet and Daemon provide and additional level of security and cloud compatibility
- Flexible RPC-like network protocol with forward and backward capability provides ability to extend network interaction format quickly and painlessly.
- New ASIC-Resistant Hash algorithm named Wild Keccack takes the SHA3 Keccak to a higher level.
Boolberry was designed from the beginning to address several issues with Ordinary CryptoNote coins such incomplete anonymity and block chain bloat.
Block Emission Wild Keccak PoW Algorithm
- Unlinkable outputs ensures the user's anonymity is not broken due to zero mixin usage.
- Transaction identification by prefix allows Boolberry to cut ring signatures from block chain reducing block chain size by 60-90%, depending on mixin usage.
- Removed Dust from block reward to reduce block chain size even more.
- New block chain based PoW hash provides faster synchronization with network and immunity from DoS attacks.
- Network Alerts allow developers to broadcast messages about critical updates or other important events to the network
- Donation-based crowd-funding: Boolberry has an open and transparent model of project financing with a maximum of 1% of mined coins reserved for project development. The actual rate is controlled by network participants (miners) using votes. Boolberry gives a fixed percentage to the CryptoNote founders.
- Wallet address aliasing: any wallet can be linked with symbolic name via special type extra record in coinbase. Block chain will control registered names uniqueness.
- More rational emission curve
Wild Keccak is a Keccak hybrid which uses block chain data as a scratchpad. After each Keccak round, pseudo-randomly addressed data [state vector used as addresses] data is taken from scratchpad and XORed with state. Calculating each block PoW usually hits about 1100 randomly addressed reading of blocks by 32 bytes.
Pre-launch hash function discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588421.0 Wallet (GUI)CPUminer-MultiDaemon/SimplewalletCPU Mining
The most efficient CPU mining is done with CPUminer-Multi. Complete instructions are on the Boolberry How-To
page. GPU Mining
GPU mining is dynamic and constantly improving. The first post of the GPU Mining thread
has current info and the thread itself has lots of information.
- CryptoNote Coin Farm - US (East), 3%, clintar, IRC: clintar
- Sheepman's Mining Pool - US (FL), 0%, sheepman, IRC: sheepman
- ExtremePool - US (West), 1.5%, 33zer0w0lf, IRC: dayas
- 5limi - China, 2%, whyyk7
- BBR Farm - Singapore, 2%, booletic, IRC: booletic
Pool server software & instructions: https://github.com/clintar/node-cryptonote-pool
- BTC: 1JjGoHdzP5HvtyEZ6MN9LXbh8uTDVgrPY9
- BBR: @zoidberg
Volunteers are always welcome! Here are just a few things we can use assistance with:
- Development - C++ developers are needed to help with core development.
- Development - Node.js developers are needed to help with pool enhancements.
- Windows Developers - Help with compiling.
- Writers - We could use use help with polishing up our copy.